Today I thought of having "Idly" as a breakfast. one of the easiest breakfast and quick one .then ii realized I don’t have chutney /sambar along with it to enjoy the taste of "Idly " and I am running out of time to prepare either of the things , that time I recollected a small technique told by my mother. Which is very easy to do? Many of us normally have this problem in our daily routine in the kitchen. Sometimes we feel like lazy to prepare the chutney or sometimes leftover idly will be there. With that also we can try the below recipe. So here it goes like this:
- Idly's : 4
- Turmeric powder - small pinch
- Mustard seeds(Avalu/Rai seeds) - 1tsp
- Jeera - 1tsp
- Hing /Inguva- a small pinch
- Curry leaves - handful
- Red chillies - 1 or 2
- Oil -4tbsp
- Salt - 1tsp
- Take a pan and heat the oil and put the mustard seeds, jeera, turmeric powder ,hing, and red chillies and let them splutter for 2- 3 mins .
- Mash the Idly’s to a rough coarse texture.
- Add them to the tadka /poopu.
- Add the required salt
- Sprinkle the curry leaves on the top.
- Serve it hot.
Note: If we want we can add Peanuts also.