This is another South Indian recipe which is normally called as Rasam/Charu. Enjoy this rasam when it is hot.
- Tomatoes: 2 (Medium size)
- Green chillies -2
- Tamarind: little gooseberry size.
- Rasam powder: 1 tsp
- Jeera: ¼ tsp
- Dry red chillies: 2
- Coriander leaves: a few handfuls chopped
- Salt: Taste enough
- Turmeric powder: 2 pinch
- Oil: 2 spoons
- Asafoetida: 1 pinch
- Sugar: ½ tsp (optional)
- Mustard seeds: ¼ tsp
- Take 1 cup of water and let it boil for sometime.
- Grind the tomatoes along with green chillies and tamarind in a mixer.
- Add this mixture to the boiling water and add sufficient enough salt and let it boil for another 5 min.
- Now add the Rasam Powder and sugar and let it boil for another 5 min.
- Take a kadai/mukudu/thick bottom vessel and pour some oil and bring it to heat
- Add the asafoetida, mustard seeds / avalu, jeera, fenugreek seeds, red chillies and let them splutter.
- Add this tadka to the Rasam and serve Hot.