One of the authentic Andhra foods and one of my favourite dishes. My father is a great lover of this Majjiga pulusu. Everyone has their own way of making majjiga pulusu. Here is one way which I know and easy to make and tasty, It's very delicious and nutritious dish. Sour Curd is the best to prepare this dish.
- Plain sour yogurt (blended) – 3 cups
- Bottle gourd /Sorakaya- 1 small (peeled and cut into 1" pieces)
- Tomato – 1 or 2 medium size
- Carrots -2 (peeled and cut into 1” pieces)
- Onion-1 medium size (cut into 1" pieces)
- Green Chillies -3 or 4 (upon your spicy level)
- Turmeric powder- 1 tsp
- Chick pea flour/Snegapindi/Besan – 5 tbsp
- Salt - as per taste,
- Oil – 2tbsp
For tempering / popu / tadka:
- Mustard seeds/Avalu – 1tsp
- Fenugreek seeds/Menthulu – 1tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1tsp
- Curry leaves/Karivepak – handful
- Hing /Inguva -1tspp
- Dry Red chillies - 3
- Boil the cubed vegetable pieces, green chillies (cut length wise), salt turmeric with water until they get tender soft.
- Beat the curd well adding water to form a smooth sauce like consistency.
- To that curd add besan flour (snegapindi), mix well without any lumps
- Grind ginger and add it to curd mix and once again mix well.
- Add this curd mixture to the vegetables which are already boiled, (Before adding them check for salt)
- Heat oil in a separate pan and add fenugreek seeds/menthulu, mustard seeds/Avalu, cumin seeds, dry red chillies, asafoetida and curry leaves and let them splutter
- Add this tadka to vegetables and curd mixture and cook for 5 min on a slow heat .
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with white rice/chapathi