- All purpose Flour /Maida – 2 -3 cups
- Active Dry Yeast /Rapid Rise Yeast - ½ tsp
- Luke Warm Water – 1 cup
- Sugar – 1tsp
- Olive Oil – 3 tbsp
- Salt – 1tsp
- Take a big bowl and mix 2 cups of all purpose flour /Maida along with yeast, sugar, salt and warm water and mix the dough to form a smooth ball without any lumps in it.
- Stir in additional flour until the dough begins to form a ball and becomes easy to handle.
- Place the dough on a lightly floured surface and knead until the dough is smooth and elastic. Knead it at least for 5- 8 minutes.
- Place the dough in a greased bowl, cover it with a lid and let it rise in a warm spot. I kept in an oven without turning it on until dough doubles its size (approximately for 1 hour).
- Punch down dough and knead it again. Allow it to rise for 30 min.
- Roll the dough into a circle, forming a ¼ inch rim around the edges and little bit of olive oil onto it and bake it for 5 min at 450 degrees.
- Turn off the oven and remove the base and now add the tomato sauce and what all toppings you would like to add to it( I used onions , bell peppers, olives , tomatoes and finally cheese). Don’t add the cheese right now just before turning off the complete oven and when everything is done. You add the cheese as it melts very easily.