Last week I went to see one of my friends Divya who stays near to my home, in our discussion we came across the blog that I created and showed her the same. She was so impressed and she thought of sharing few recipes to me. One of such recipes is the Semiya Kesari .It is very simple and quick breakfast or a snack at any time. Thanks to Divya for sharing this recipe. So here goes the recipe:
- Roasted Semiya or Vermicelli - 2 cups
- Ghee/ melted butter - 1 tbsp
- Cashew nuts-5
- Raisins -5
- Elachi powder - a pinch
- Food colour / Rose water - pinch/ 1 drop
- Sugar -1 cups
- Take a pan and pour some ghee in it and add Cashew nuts, Almonds and Raisins and roast them till they are golden brown in colour and keep it aside.
- In the same pan roast the vermicelli / add the roasted semiya and roast for 2 min.
- Add the boiled water into it by stirring the vermicelli continuously without forming any lumps.
- let it boil for 5 min / till vermicelli becomes soft , now pour the sugar into the vermicelli by stirring with the spatula
- Add Elachi powder, cashew nuts, almonds, raisins and food colour/ rose water.
- Bring to simmer and stir in the middle and let it cook for 2-3 min and turn off the stove.
- Let it cool and take out in a bowl and serve hot.
Person who shared the recipe :