- Sorakaya/bottle gourd - medium size (chopped into small cubes)
- Garlic-3 pods (layers removed and finely chopped) [optional]
- Green chillies – 3(small) (as per spice level)
- Tamarind pulp – small lemon size
- Salt as per taste
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Take sorakaya/kaddu/bottle gourd peel it and cut it in to pieces (Remove the seeds if it is hard and add if the seeds are soft)
- Take a pan and heat the oil, once heated add the bottle gourd pieces to it and let them get cooked in low heat by adding little salt and sprinkling of water and cover it with a lid.
- Once the kaddu is cooked / becomes soft add green chillies and let it cook again for 2 mins, Mix it with a spatula in the middle.
- Turn off the heat and let it cool for 10 mins.
- Grind the cooked kaddu mix with garlic pods; tamarind pulp and check for salt if required add salt to it and grind to a fine /coarse paste as per taste.
- Remove the mixture into a bowl and if required add jeera, hing and mustard seeds tadka and serve hot with rice /roti.