Hi Friends, Missing from the blogging scene from so many days, Busy in packing and unpacking of the things, finally moved to
Atlanta safely and presently staying in in a hotel room, this week-end planning to search for a rental apartment and will try to move over there. Atlanta is good , but it is too hot for a person coming from California , definitely they will have a sunstroke, night till 9:00 no sunset and till 10:30 the heat wave will be there , Oh my god… seriously me and raj were like going crazy with this weather and humidity over here . Without AC in the room and in the car we cannot stay for even 2 min. so just imagine the heat around here, Getting slowly adjusted with time difference between LA and Atlanta , Finally , today I found some time and thought of starting the blog once again , but as I am staying in a hotel , there is no dedicated line for internet and the line is too slow , so couldn’t write anything new. This one is one of my older drafts , so thought of just posting it. Here goes the recipe: Duluth
- Onion -1 (medium size) (finely chopped)
- Curry leaves- few
- Garlic- 2 pods (DO NOT REMOVE LAYERS)
- Red chilly powder- 2 tsp
- Jeera- 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds- 1 tsp
- Oil-1 tbsp
- Haldi/Turmeric--a pinch
- Kothimeer-a few handfuls
- Salt to taste
- Finely chop the brinjal pieces into small cubes and place them into water , otherwise the pieces will loose their colour.
- Heat oil in a pan , add Cumin seeds/Jeera , Mustard seeds, curry leaves ,haldi and let them splutter up.
- Add Chopped Onions and stir fry them till soft, now slowly add the brinjal pieces taken out from the water.
- Mix well the onions and brinjal with a spatula and cover it with a lid and let it cook under low flame for 5 min by stirring in the middle.
- Once the brinjal gets cooked, add salt to it and mix well and let it cook for another 2 mins, Mean while , prepare the masala.
- Take a small jar of the grinder/mixer , add Jeeera seeds, Garlic Pods, red chilly powder, little pinch of salt and grind it to a coarse powder .
- Add this powder to the cooked brinjal-onion mixture and mix well with a spatula , cover it with a lid and cook for 2- 3 mins.
- Brinjal Curry is ready to be served hot with Rice/Roti.
Note: while cooking brinjal if it becomes sticky underneath to the pan, add some water on the top of the lid and cook under low flame.