This is a simple,easy and healthy any time snack . Recently in one of the Indian stores nearby to my place, I have seen these spring roll wrappers , I got them for a less price too. they are just $2 and we can get around 20 wrappers .we need to freeze them and whenever we went just before 15 min take them out and defrost them and stuff it with your choice of vegetables.These are the wrappers i got it from the store :
So here’s the recipe of my version :
Ingredients for filling inside the wrap:
- Mixed Vegetables - 1 cup ( Finely chopped cabbage,spring onions,frozen green peas,sweet corn,bean sprouts,shredded carrots )[ these are what i have used , u can use your choice of vegetables]
- Onions- 1 small size(finely chopped)
- Green Chillies - 2 medium size(finely chopped)
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper powder - a pinch
- Garam masala powder - 1 tsp
- Chat masala powder - 1tsp
- Oil - for deep frying
- Heat a pan and add some oil to it and add the onions ,green chillies and saute them till the onions becomes transparent or till they turn to pinkish colour , now add the remaining vegetables and cook all the vegetables until tender soft by adding sufficient amount of salt and water to it .
- Finally sprinkle the garam masala and chat masala and black pepper powder to the cooked vegetables and mix them thoroughly .
- Remove from the heat and let the mix gets cooled down.
- Take the Spring roll wrappers sheet and place the stuff inside and roll it up and fold the edges inside and close by applying little bit of water.
- Heat a vessel and add oil ,once heated add the spring roll to it and fry it for 2 min or till it turns to brownish red. and remove them onto a paper towel so that any excess oil will be absorbed.
- serve hot with any chutney or with tomato sauce.