Recently when I went to market, I found the leaves of White Raddish (Mooli) and bought them to give a try .It really turned out very well. Even my hubby R liked very well. So this is how I tried it:
- Mooli leaves (white Raddish) – 1 small bunch
- Dhaniya powder - 1/2 tbsp
- Jeera Powder - 1/2 tbsp
- Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
- Mirchi powder/Red Chilli powder - 3 tsp
- Besan - 1 tbsp
- Garam Masala powder - 2 tsp
- Oil - 1 tbsp
Seasoning /Tadka / Popu:
- Mustard seeds/Avalu – ½ tsp
- Jeera seeds – ½ tsp
- Hing/Inguva – 1 tsp
- Wash the Mooli leaves cleanly with water and finely chop them .
- Take a bowl and mix Besan, dhaniya powder, jeera powder, turmeric powder, mirchi powder, and garam masala with a little amount of oil and form as a semi powder -paste.
- Take a heavy bottomed vessel and heat the oil and once the oil is hot enough add all the seasoning items and let them crackle and pop up, now put under medium flame and add the mooli leaves and little salt and mix well and close the lid, let mooli leaves gets cooked till tender soft, cook them for around 10 min.. Stir in the middle with a spatula to prevent from sticking to the vessel bottom.
- Now, Sprinkle the powder that is prepared and don’t mix it immediately, just cover it with lid and let it cook for 3-5 min.
- Let all the water in the dal get evaporated and comes closer then mix the dal well with a spatula.
- Remove from heat and take into a bowl and garnish it with fresh cilantro leaves.
- Serve Hot with Rice/Roti.