- Basmati Rice / Sona masoori – 1 cup
- Yellow moong dal -1 tbsp
- Jeera – 2 tsp
- Salt as per taste
- Water – 11/2 cup
- Wash and drain the water from the rice
- Wash and drain the water from the moong dal and add the moong dal to the rice and now add the water to this mix.
- Heat the vessel and add the above mix of rice and moong dal until cooked.
- Add Jeera and salt while the rice is boiling up and cover it with a lid and cook till rice with moong dal gets cooked (approximately for 10 min in a medium heat ).
- Turn off the heat and let it cool down to room temperature.
- Add little sugar or a piece of jaggery (bellam) before offering to god as prasadam.