Gobi Manchuria, the name itself is so tempting. Every time I go to a restaurant in
my first appetizer would be either Tomato soup (or) Gobi Manchuria. I like both the versions of this India Manchuria: dry as well as gravy one. After I came to US, I very rarely find this dish in Indian restaurants in my place. So the other day when I went to market I got Gobi (cauliflower) for very less price, So I got 2 big flowers and then I t stroked to my mind about preparing Gobi Manchurian and so I immediately started and it came out very well. The whole bowl was completed within 15 min. I was so happy to eat that after a long time. Basically this is a Chinese dish but became very popular in also. After the dish is completed we can use the toothpicks to pick each floret and taste it. Hope you all also try this recipe and enjoy the taste: India
· Cauliflower -1 medium size, cut into florets, placed in salted hot water for some time and let the water get drained.
· Maida/All-purpose flour – 2 tbsps
· Corn flour – 2 tbsps
· Warm water -1/2 cup
· Salt to taste
· Ginger/Chilli paste(garlic can be added) – 2 tsp
· Onions -1/4 cup, finely chopped (spring onions are best)
· Ginger – 1tsp, sliced and finely chopped
· Finely chopped green chillies -2
· Red chilli pwd -1 tsp
· Soya sauce- 2 tsp
· Chilli sauce- 1tsp
· Vinegar-2 tsp
· Tomato sauce -2 tsp
· Salt as required
· Coriander leaves – 1 tsp (finely chopped)
· Oil – 2 tsp
· Heat oil in a pan for deep frying, Take a bowl, and combine Maida, corn flour, salt, ginger-garlic-green chilli paste and water to make a thick paste. Dip the washed and drained florets into the batter such that it’s well coated. Place each floret that is well coated with the batter into the hot oil.
· Reduce flame and deep fry till the
Gobi is almost cooked. Increase the flame towards the end of the cooking process and fry the Gobi till it turns golden brown. Remove onto absorbent paper and keep aside.
· Take another pan and heat the oil then add the chopped green chillies and ginger and stir fry on high for a few seconds.
· Add the onions and stir fry on high for 3-4 mts, constantly tossing them.
· Reduce to medium heat and add the soya sauce, tomato ketchup, chilli sauce and vinegar. Combine well and cook for 2 mts. Add 3-4 tbsps of water and cook for 2 mts.
· Add the deep fried
Gobi and combine. Toss on high flame for 1-2 mts. Turn off heat. Garnish with the chopped coriander leaves.