- Split moong dal (pesara pappu) - cup
- Cumin seeds – 1tsp
- Green chilli slit length wise - 2
- Dry red chillies – 2 (remove the seeds and tear into pieces)
- Ginger – 1 tsp(grated)
- Curry leaves –handful
- Turmeric pwd -1/2 tsp
- Asafoetida (hing) – 1 big pinch
- salt to taste
- ghee/oil – 2 tsp
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Pressure Cook the moong dal with 3 cups of water and after cooked mash the dal little bit.
- Heat 1 tbsp ghee/oil in a vessel. Add the cumin seeds and let them sizzle and brown.
- Now add red chillies, green chillies, curry leaves, ginger and fry for a few seconds.
- Now add the asafoetida and turmeric and immediately add the cooked dal along with the excess boiled dal water. Add salt.
- Let the dal simmer for 8-10 mts.Turn off heat.
- Just before serving add little bit of lime and serve hot with steamed rice /rotis.
- Garnish it with coriander leaves.