· Whole –wheat flour – 2 cups
· Methi leaves – 1 bunch (washed and dried)
· Oil – 2 tbsp
· Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
· Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
· Dhaniya-jeera powder – 1 tsp
· Garam masala – 1tsp
· Red chilli pwd – ½ tsp
· Salt to taste
· Put all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl, add little warm water slowly little at a time to this mixture and knead to form soft and smooth dough without any lumps, and form it like a ball. Keep aside for 30 min.
· Divide the dough into lemon sized balls and roll in between your hands till they are smooth without any cracks.
· On a rolling board or on a clean surface lightly flour it with wheat flour, start rolling out the balls and form like a circle
· Heat a pan/tawa and fry the parathas one at a time, once u see the tiny bubbles rise on the surface on the paratha flip it on the other side.
· Drizzle a bit of oil or butter on the surface of the paratha .paratha is done when it is golden brown colour on both sides.
· Serve it hot with chilled yogurt or with any curry of u r choice.