Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Crispy Cabbage Pakodi


Crispy Cabbage Pakodi

Recently when I went to the grocery store I got cabbage for a less price, so I got 2 cabbages and from then I was thinking apart from curry I want to try something different and was looking on the internet. Luckily I came across cabbage pakodi recipe from here and thought of doing it as an evening snack to R. outside Environment was a bit cool with black clouds in the sky and it was about to rain and I really feel like having pakodi. I started preparing pakodi and by the time R came back home it was full of rain and on the other hand hot hot crispy cabbage pakodi, within no time whole plate of pakodi are completed. What else to say how they have turned out.

Ingredients:

  • Besan /Senagapindi – 1 cup
  • Rice Flour /Biyyampindi – ½ cup
  • Green chillies – 2 (medium hot) [as per the spice level]
  • Red Chilli powder – 1 tsp
  • Ginger paste – ½ tsp (original recipe calls for ginger garlic paste but R doesn’t like garlic so I didn’t opt for it)
  • Large onion – 1 (sliced)
  • Finely chopped Cabbage – 2 cups
  • Oil – 1 tbsp
  • Curry leaves – handful
  • Salt to taste
  • Oil for deep frying
Method:

  • Take a bowl and mix Besan, rice flour, red chilli powder, salt, green chilli – ginger paste, curry leaves, onion, finely chopped cabbage by slowing adding the water; it should not be too watery nor too sticky or hard. 
  • The batter should be medium hard and should be able to drop in oil like fritters.
  • Heat oil in a heavy bottomed vessel for deep frying and once the oil is hot, drop the batter with your hand like fritters into the oil.
  • Fry them till golden brown colour on both sides and remove them with a slotted ladle and remove them onto an absorbent paper or paper tissue to absorb the excess oil.
  • Serve them hot with any tomato sauce and chilli sauce.
Dropping the fritter into oil
Frying pakodi 

Cabbage Pakodi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi ,

Thanks for stopping by and visting my blog.your feedback & suggestions are very valuable for me.please post them. Thanks once again. Have a Good Day.