Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Gulabi Puvvulu/Rose cookies/Rosettes


It was quite a long time that I am trying to post this recipe, it is lying in my drafts section for a while and finally today I took some time out to post this recipe. While I am in California, one of my dearest friends Anitha and me we both used to go for morning walk and used to discuss on many things like education, people, society and many other things. We both used to have combined studies at my home and then we both used to try together any kind of new recipe which she comes across or me. One day in our normal discussion she told me that she got the Gulabi Puvullu  or Rose cookies/Rosettes  mould by listening to that I was very happy as it was quite a long time I ate them when mom used to do it . That’s all we both decided to do that on that day and got the mould and started it they turned out very well. But very unfortunately my camera acted too smartly that day so couldn’t take nice snaps. Sorry for that ….
After, I moved to Atlanta, missing all that fun with my friends and special pot lucks without any occasion. Thanks to Anitha for sharing this recipe. Miss you so much….


Ingredients:

  • Maida - 2 cups
  • Rice Flour - 1 cup
  • Sugar-1 ½ cup
  • Elaichi/ Cardamom powder – 2 tsp
  • Water- 1 cup
  • Oil for deep frying
  • Salt to taste

Method:

  • Take a vessel and put together rice flour, maida, cardamom powder, salt, and sugar and add slowly the water to make a smooth batter, the batter shouldn’t be too loose and pouring nor the batter shouldn’t be too thick. It should be consistent enough and should form like a dosa batter  
  • Take a heavy bottomed vessel and pour oil for deep frying and heat it till the oil is too hot. Now put the mould in the hot oil (this needs to be done before dipping the mould into the batter).
  • Remove the mould from the hot oil and dip it in the batter and remove and place it in the hot oil and leave it for less than a minute. Use a spoon/fork to gently shake the mould with it so that the shape of the mould will be left in oil and leaves the mould.
  • Ensure to keep the heat in a medium flame (or) adjust accordingly to amount of heat required.
  • When the gulabi puvvu turns into golden colour , turn on both sides and remove from oil using a slotted ladle and remove onto a paper tissue to absorb the excess oil in it .
  • Repeat the same process till the batter is completed.
  • Once cool, Store them in an air tight container.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi ,

Thanks for stopping by and visting my blog.your feedback & suggestions are very valuable for me.please post them. Thanks once again. Have a Good Day.