· Cabbage - 1 medium size (finely chopped)
· Grated Coconut - 1 cup
· Green chillies – 3
· Water – 2 cups
· Ginger – ½ inch
· Salt - as per taste.
· Frozen peas – ½ cup
· Urad dal /mina pappu – 1 tsp
· Chana dal – 1tsp
· Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
· Dry Red Chillies – 1
· Hing / asafoetida – a pinch
· Curry leaves – few
· Oil – as required
· Boil the cabbage with required amount of water and salt by covering it with a lid.
· Once boiled the drain the water from the cabbage and let it cool.
· Take a pan and pour some oil and let it heat on a medium pace. Once heat now add urad dal, chana dal, cumin seeds, mustard seeds. When they begin to splutter add the red chillies, hing, curry leaves and grated coconut to it.
· When the coconut changes its colour to light brown colour adds the boiled cabbage and frozen peas .cook for 3 -4 minutes in a low flame till all the water gets evaporated.
· Grind the green chillies and ginger into a paste and this to this cabbage mixture and mix well.
· Cook on low flame for another 3- 4 minutes and switch off the heat.
· Serve with hot rice or with roti.