This popular Mexican dip can be served with tortilla chips, or used as a dip with fresh vegetables.
· Large avocados – 3 ripened
· Spring onions / normal medium size onions -3
· Garlic clove (crushed) -1 (optional)
· Olive oil – 1 tbsp
· Salt as per taste
· Fresh lemon juice – 2 tbsp
· Pepper -1/2 tsp
· Green chillies -2 (optional) [deseeded and cut length wise].
· Halve the avocados and remove the stones. Peel the halves. Put the avocados flesh in a large bowl.
· With a fork/spoon mash the avocado flesh coarsely. [I have mashed in a mixer].
· Add the Spring onions /onions (grated), garlic (if used), olive oil, salt and lemon juice, green chillies.
· Mash until well blended, but do not over cook the mixture. Small chunks of avocados should still remain.
· Adjust the seasoning, if necessary, with salt or lemon or lime juice. Transfer the mixture to a serving bowl.
· Serve the dip immediately, sprinkled with the pepper and tortilla chips.
Note: Guacamole doesn’t keep well. But, if necessary, it can be stored in refrigerator for few hours. Cover the surface with clear film to prevent discolouring.