- All-purpose flour/Maida – 2 cups
- Granulated sugar – ¾th cup (finely powdered)
- Baking soda – 1 tsp
- Baking powder- ½ tsp
- unsweetened orange juice – 2 cups ( fresh is better)
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) grated orange zest
- Vegetable Oil – 1/3 cup
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, baking soda, and baking powder until well mixed. All at once, add the orange juice, vegetable oil, and orange rind/zest.
- Stir just enough to combine the ingredients, then immediately pour into the greased baking pans.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes check with a toothpick poked into the middle of the batter and see whether it comes out clean, and it is lightly browned on top.
- Cool completely on a cooler rack .
Note : I have not done any icing or dusting on it . you can do the sugar powder dusting or the icing.