Hi Friends , after a long time i thought of trying some simple eggless cookies and started searching for reciepes .finally i came thru Ashwini's blog , which is a wonderful blog and one of the blogs i follow regularly. In her blog i found about this valentine heart cookies and i tried those and it really have turned out very well.Thanks to Ashwini for sharing this reciepe.if u still have any doubts on this reciepe u can always check Ashwini's blog .so the reciepe goes like this:
- All-purpose flour / Maida – 2 cups
- Unsalted butter/Clarified Ghee – 2/3 cup
- Fine powdered sugar – 1 cup
- Vanilla extract – 1 tsp (good quality one is preferred)
- Pre-Heat the oven to 350o F
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, butter and rub the butter with your hands so that it gets mixed into the flour without any lumps.
- Add Sugar and vanilla extract and knead the dough to form a firm ball.
- Place the dough on a lightly floured surface and roll the dough like a chapathi but with 1- inch thickness.
- Now cut the cookie dough in whatever shape you want and place them on a lightly greased baking sheet/ wax paper with butter.
- Place them in the oven for 10- 15 min and remove them.
- Let them cool on a rack and sprinkle the sugar dusting on those cookies.
- Place them in a air –tight container for a longer period .