- Egg plants/Brinjal/Vankaya - 4 medium size / 2 long
- Potatoes – 2 (small)
- Onion – 1 small size (finely chopped)
- Frozen Green peas – a handful
- Green chillies – 2 or 3 (according to your spice level)
- Ginger - 1 – inch small piece
- Grated Coconut - 2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil-1 tbsp
- Kothimeer /fresh coriander /fresh coriander - handful
- Cumin seeds/Jeera- 1tsp
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Curry leaves – handful
- Haldi/Turmeric powder – a pinch
- Wash the brinjal and potatoes before cooking and
- Cut the brinjal and potatoes into small pieces and put it in water in a bowl.
- Grind coarsely green chillies, ginger, grated coconut with salt in a pestle mortar / or in a mixer.
- Take a pan and add oil to it and bring to heat, once the oil is hot add cumin seeds, mustard seeds curry leaves and haldi and let them pop up.
- Add chopped onion to it and let them fry till slight pink colour or till they become transparent.
- Now add the Potatoes, Brinjal pieces and frozen green peas to it and mix it up well with a spatula, cover them with a lid and cook well.
- Once the vegetable becomes soft and well cooked add the green chilly, ginger paste to it, mix it well.
- Sprinkle few drops of water, so that it may not get stickup to the vessel/pan.
- Bring the heat to simmer and let it cook covered with a lid for 5 to 7 min. (or) until all the water is evaroparated and the curry becomes thicker.
- Garnish it with coriander leaves and little grated coconut.
- Serve it hot with Roti or Plain Rice.