One day all our friends have arranged for a potluck in my home. So one of my friends by name “Nikita” brought this sweet Shrikand, that day I decided to try this sweet. Finally I made it last week end. Before the preparation of this I never felt that it is so easy to have shrikand at home. So without further delay here goes the recipe:
- Thick yogurt /Curd - 1 box / ½ kg (I used Cost Co –Mountain High yogurt box)
- Sugar – 2 cups (finely powdered)
- Cardamom powder – 1 tsp
- Few strands saffron – original recipe calls for this (but I don’t have this at my home so I didn’t use them)
- Almond -10 (coarsely crushed) (you can use pistachios also)
- Tie curd /yogurt in a clean muslin cloth overnight. (6-7 hours) and hang it so that it leaves the excess water completely out side.
- Remove from the cloth and gently press the yogurt to remove any other excess water left out.
- Put into a bowl and add sugar .Mix it.
- Keep aside for 25-30 minutes to allow sugar to dissolve.
- Rub saffron into 1 tbsp. milk till well broken and dissolved. Keep aside.
- Beat well till sugar has fully dissolved into curd.
- Mix in cardamom powder and dissolved saffron and half almonds.
- Pour the mixture into a glass serving bowl, top with remaining almonds crush.
- Chill for 1-2 hours before serving.