Thursday, June 24, 2010

Shrikand

One day all our friends have arranged for a potluck in my home. So one of my friends by name “Nikita” brought this sweet Shrikand, that day I decided to try this sweet. Finally I made it last week end. Before the preparation of this I never felt that it is so easy to have shrikand at home. So without further delay here goes the recipe:
Ingredients:
  • Thick yogurt /Curd - 1 box / ½ kg (I used Cost Co –Mountain High yogurt box)
  • Sugar – 2 cups (finely powdered) 
  • Cardamom powder – 1 tsp
  • Few strands saffron – original recipe calls for this (but I don’t have this at my home so I didn’t use them)
  • Almond -10 (coarsely crushed) (you can use pistachios also)

Method:

  • Tie curd /yogurt in a clean muslin cloth overnight. (6-7 hours) and hang it so that it leaves the excess water completely out side.
  • Remove from the cloth and gently press the yogurt to remove any other excess water left out. 
  • Put into a bowl and add sugar .Mix it.
  • Keep aside for 25-30 minutes to allow sugar to dissolve.
  • Rub saffron into 1 tbsp. milk till well broken and dissolved. Keep aside.
  • Beat well till sugar has fully dissolved into curd.
  • Mix in cardamom powder and dissolved saffron and half almonds.
  • Pour the mixture into a glass serving bowl, top with remaining almonds crush.
  • Chill for 1-2 hours before serving.
Note: please use a white muslin cloth as I don’t have any I used a red dupatta but it leaved a bit of red colour to my yogurt. Taste doesn’t change.


Sorry for the poor picture quality , i took from a mobile that day. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi ,

Thanks for stopping by and visting my blog.your feedback & suggestions are very valuable for me.please post them. Thanks once again. Have a Good Day.