It was almost all a week, that I have been thinking of preparing pizza at home but in a different manner so every time I m just preparing the dough with all purpose flour so this time why not ii try with a whole wheat flour, the thought in my mind immediately came into existence and I replaced the all purpose flour with whole wheat flour and tried it worked out but the dough didn’t raise well like the original one, some how taste came well and we ate it. But, still the recipe is still not up to my satisfaction level. So started again level 2 experiments with 1 cup whole wheat flour and 1 cup all- purpose flour and tried out. Unexpectedly it turned out very well in all aspects and finally tasted very well than I expected and hubby is also is very happy to eat as it turned out perfectly. So here goes the recipe:
- All purpose Flour /Maida – 1 cup
- Whole Wheat Flour /Atta – 1 cup
- Active Dry Yeast /Rapid Rise Yeast - ½ tsp
- Luke Warm Water – 1 cup
- Sugar – 1tsp
- Olive Oil – 3 tbsp
- Salt – 1tsp
- Take a big bowl and mix 1 cup of all purpose flour /Maida and 1 cup of whole wheat flour along with yeast, sugar, salt and warm water and mix the dough to form a smooth ball without any lumps in it.
- Stir in additional flour until the dough begins to form a ball and becomes easy to handle.
- Place the dough on a lightly floured surface and knead until the dough is smooth and elastic. Knead it at least for 5- 8 minutes.
- Place the dough in a greased bowl, cover it with a lid and let it rise in a warm spot. I kept in an oven without turning it on until dough doubles its size (approximately for 1 hour).
- Punch down dough and knead it again. Allow it to rise for 30 min.
- Roll the dough into a circle, forming a ¼ inch rim around the edges and little bit of olive oil onto it and bake it for 5 min at 450 degrees.
- Turn off the oven and remove the base and now add the tomato sauce and what all toppings you would like to add to it( I used onions , bell peppers, olives , tomatoes and finally cheese). Don’t add the cheese right now just before turning off the complete oven and when everything is done. You add the cheese as it melts very easily.
- Bake all the toppings on a preheated pizza stone that has been sprinkled with corn meal at 450 degrees Far Hein Heat for 25 min. Just check in the middle for the golden brown crust.
- Add the cheese on the top of it and let it melt for 2 min and take out the pizza let it cool for 3 min.
- Cut the pizza by using the pizza cutter and Serve hot with a Tomato Sauce.