Hi Friends, Back here after a long time, enjoyed my long week end in
Grand Canyon, one of the most beautiful scenic place and one of the wonders of the world. The trip was so enjoyable and of course, the Arizona is also too hot, when we were there it is 105 degrees Far Hein heat so it’s really very hot but the struggle we took to reach to north rim and south rim of canyon was all gone once we reach over there and started viewing all the spectacular views of the canyon. So over all my trip is good and back to by Monday night and started thinking of writing the blog since a week busy with things at home so couldn’t post anything. This July I really wanted to start with a Sweet Dish.Rava Laddu is one of the most traditional, simple, easy sweet. This sweet can be prepared in less than 15- 20 min. It can be prepared for any kind of occasion / as a snack for children at evening time. Here goes the recipe: Torrance
- Sooji rava/Bombay rava - 1 cup
- Ghee /melted butter - 3 tbsp
- Cashew nuts – handful
- Grated Coconut – 1 cup (use the fresh grated coconut, dry one is not preferable)
- Sugar- 1 cup
- Take a pan, add two spoons of ghee and roast all the nuts and raisins, keep them aside.
- In the same pan add 2 tsp ghee and roast the sooji (not deep) until it turns light golden colour.
- Keep this sooji aside and let it cool.
- Now add remaining ghee to the pan, add the coconut and roast it in medium low flame until all the ghee absorbs the coconut and it turns to little golden brown in colour.
- Now take a vessel and mix all the roasted sooji, coconut, nuts, sugar and mix well.
- Sugar need to be added when a coconut and sooji are hot, other wise sugar cannot be mixed up properly.
- Try to make into round balls by rolling the mixture in between the hands.
- Rava Laddu is ready to serve.